i get a eror when runing th ame ARNING: [GLFW3 Error] Code: 65543 Decription: GLX: Failed to create context: GLXBadFBConfig WARNING: GLFW Failed to initialize Window metro: /home/arydev/Downloads/metro-source/vendor/raylib/external/glfw/src/window.c:504: glfwSetWindowIcon: Assertion `window != NULL’ failed. Aborted (core dumped)
A Walk In A Metro Tunnel
A downloadable walk for Windows and Linux
Experience the thrill of walking roughly two kilometers of metro tunnel while reading some commentary, and appreciating how the world disintegrates around you.
This walking simulator was written in C and GLSL using Raylib. The UI elements aside, the game's graphics are all ray marched.
- WASD or IJKL to move
- Mouse or arrow keys to look around
- Q to auto-walk (toggles whether or not you walk forward continuously, like holding W or I)
- Shift to toggle between run and walk
I feel like I need to explain why this exists. This game went through three decisions based on technical limits, in all parts of the game development process:
- The idea phase. I wanted to make a game where the graphics were done via ray marching.
- The planning phase. I like the metro, and metro tunnels are, in a very simplified light, just a tunnel with a railtrack. Which is simple enough of a scene to model with the tools you have when ray marching.
- The coding phase. OpenGL floating-point numbers turned out to not be accurate enough (at least with my naive implementation of ray marching), so everything is very noisy.
And that's how you get a game where you walk in a metro tunnel to appreciate how weird technical details can visualize in cool ways.
This game does not support macOS, because Apple has deprecated OpenGL, and has poor driver support. More details in the Git repository.
License and source code
This game is distributed under the GNU GPLv3 license, and you can find the source on my Git, or by downloading the metro-source.zip file provided in the downloads below. See the readme for build instructions.
|Tags||artgame, Boring, First-Person, flat-shading, glitch, Lo-fi, Minimalist, Railroad, Singleplayer, Walking simulator|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Try updating your graphics drivers. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid the game won't run on your computer.
My guess for what causes that error is insufficient OpenGL support in either your drivers or hardware. This game should theoretically run on any version newer than OpenGL 2.1, but there might be graphics card / driver specific issues which I unfortunately can't do much about.
it won't launch
What's your operating system, and are there any errors? If you're on Windows, SmartScreen or some other virus-protection program might be blocking it, in which case I'd recommend unblocking metro.exe in said anti-virus program.
As Usual Gameplay Footage from Z9ZGAMES Channel!!!
With All Thanks to the Creator of the Game!!!